FITNESS CENTER POLICIES AND ETIQUETTE 2023
We would like to encourage all OAC members to use our Fitness Centers. To make your visits safe and enjoyable, please adhere to the following basic rules:
1. You must be enrolled in high school (9th grade) to use the Fitness Centers without a parent (6th-8th graders may use the fitness center after completing a junior fitness class) and must be certified by an OAC instructor to use the equipment. This is a one-time-only class. ($19 fee, please register at The Front Desk)
2. Wipe down equipment and machines after each use. Please spray the towel with a sanitizer, not the equipment as to help prevent over-spray and rusting on equipment. Sanitizer and towels are available in the Fitness Centers.
3. Shirts, shorts, or sweatpants are required. No jeans or street clothes are permitted.
4. Athletic shoes are required. Street shoes, sandals, thongs, high heels, or bare feet are not permitted.
5. No food or beverages are allowed. Only water in covered cups or plastic bottles is allowed. Help us keep the Fitness Centers clean and odor free.
6. Return free weight plates and dumbbells to proper storage racks when you have finished your exercise.
( Re-racking weights is a must.) Control the weights, don't drop or bang them.
7. No foul language or horseplay will be tolerated or permitted.
8. Please keep the content of your conversations appropriate for a family-style club, as others may be listening.
9. Please step out of the fitness room into a hallway or outside when taking a phone call, as it is distracting to hear someone talking loudly.
10. Don't rest, linger, or play on your cell phone at your exercise station. When you have finished a set, move away to allow others to use the equipment. (No texting on a cell phone or socializing while others are waiting)
11. BE CONSIDERATE - 30-minute limit on cardio equipment when people are waiting. (Not 30 minutes more). Ask the fitness staff about cross-training. Try the cardio center.
12. No pictures/ filming in the facility without the written approval of the General Manager. Members do not have the approval to have other members in their pictures at any time.
13. Please ensure you are not focusing or fixating on an individual or group, as it makes people feel uncomfortable. In other words, please do not stare.
14. Always use common sense and fitness center etiquette when exercising. If you have any questions regarding the use of equipment, please ask one of our fitness staff. They are there to serve you.
15. If you have questions about cross-training or new machines, please schedule an appointment with our fitness staff.
Fitness Towels and Sanitizer
Towels are available for machine and equipment sanitation. They are not personal gym towels. Please spray the disinfectant on the towel and wipe down your equipment after each use. Do not spray the machine, as too much moisture causes rusting. Once the towel has been used to its fullest, please place it in the basket for laundering. These towels should not leave this area. Towels that are accidentally taken home should be returned.
The fitness centers (coed and women's) are off-limits to children in elementary school or younger. Please do not let your young children run through the fitness center. Children in Junior High are allowed in the co-ed fitness area after they have completed the Junior Fitness Program (class fee-$10 ) with a Fitness Specialist from the Club. The Junior fitness program teaches proper machine techniques, safety issues, and etiquette in the fitness center. For more information on the Junior Fitness Program, please contact the Front Desk. Young adults in High School or older may work out in the coed or women's fitness center anytime. Our Cardio Center is for members 18 and older only.
OAC offers Personal Training for all members over the age of 12. Please contact the Fitness Department for more information on days, prices and times available. If a member must cancel a scheduled Personal Training session, the member must call at least 24 hours ahead of time, or they will be charged for that session. (Such notice allows our trainers the opportunity to fill the now available time slot.) This applies to both paid and complimentary training sessions.
FUNCTIONAL RED TURF AREA
THIS AREA IS FOR OUR MEMBERS USE AT ALL TIMES. HOWEVER, THERE WILL BE A FEW HOURS OF EACH DAY WHERE WE WILL BE HOLDING SMALL GROUP TRAINING CLASSES ON A PORTION OF OUR TRX BAYS. DURING CLASS TIMES, WE WILL ALWAYS LEAVE SPACE FOR OUR MEMBERS TO STRETCH AND WORK OUT.
KIDS' FITNESS WEIGHT ROOM POLICY
1. ELEMENTARY SCHOOL STUDENTS (K-5) may not be in the Fitness Center.
2. JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS (6th-8th)may only use the Fitness Center under these circumstances:
• Complete the Fitness Training Program.
• Wear a name badge.
• Only use cardiovascular equipment. (Weight resistance is always accessible.)
Monday- Friday 3:30-5:30 PM
Saturday and Sunday from 12:00-4:00 PM.
3. HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS ( 9th and above): you may use the Fitness Center at any time.
4. All students must abide by proper etiquette while using the Fitness Center.
•No food or beverages will be allowed.
•.Shirts, shorts, and shoes must be worn at all times.
•.Return all weights to proper racks and unload Olympic bars.
• Please spray disinfectant and wipe your machine when you are finished.
• 30 minutes is the maximum allowed on the Stairmasters, Lifecycles, Treadmills, and Ellipticals.
WOMEN'S CARDIO CENTER ( WOMEN ONLY)
Must be High School aged or older. No babies in carriers in all areas
CARDIO CENTER - ADULT ONLY - Must be 18 years or older.